Click to play the podcast above, or hit “Download” to listen later.
Kamal Patel is the Director of Examine.com, one of the best places to get informed, research-based, expert-approved analysis of supplements and nutritional trends.
Kamal is the guy you corner at cocktail parties and grill with questions like: Will turmeric cure Alzheimers? How much protein do you need? What is this [insert Supplement X] I hear so much about? Is kale juice good?
He’ll even be nice about it, and give you an intelligent answer (before he creates a distraction so he can run away and hide by the cheese puffs).
Some topics we cover:
- Why it’s so hard to get clear conclusions from nutrition research
- What clinical scientists can learn from sociology
- Can we answer the question “Are eggs healthy?”
- The absence of women in clinical research
- Why most research doesn’t apply to you
- How one man’s quest for love and self-acceptance cost Kamal a training client (but how it all worked out in the end)
- If you’re a coach: How to talk about research with your clients
- What affects chronic pain (and what Kamal learned from watching Dr. House)